Featured on Fast Company’s 2020 list of Most Innovative Companies, AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team. We are seeking a seasoned Recruitment Manager to support our expanding team and drive our recruitment efforts. Our ideal candidate is results-driven and energetic, who will work with our recruiters and leadership team to lead our full-cycle recruitment process. We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about contributing to AbCellera’s continued growth, who can think of nothing more satisfying than driving the strategy that helps us find the perfect colleagues to join an already amazing team. Someone who believes, like we do, people are the key to our success. A background in biology not needed, just be ready for a crash course in immunology and drug discovery!
How you might spend your days:
- Leading the preparation and execution of innovative and robust recruitment strategies to support AbCellera's overall strategic goals and talent objectives
- Providing day-to-day leadership, guidance, and mentorship to the Recruitment team
- Planning recruitment strategy and events to connect with talent
- Proactively identifying and recruiting top talent through local, national, and international recruiting efforts
- Refining and managing consistent recruiting, interviewing, and hiring processes that ensure a highly positive candidate experience as well as recruiter/hiring manager efficiencies
- Managing the Applicant Tracking System and regularly reporting on recruitment metrics
- Working with Marketing & Communications and People & Culture to develop and support AbCellera’s employer brand
- Supporting recruiters and hiring managers in proactively maintaining talent pipelines
- Partnering with internal stakeholders to finalize job offers
- Developing and implementing hiring team training programs (e.g. interviewing skills training) to support recruitment and hiring effectiveness
- Preparing, reviewing and monitoring the annual recruitment budget
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 8+ years recruitment experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (a degree in a STEM-related field is an asset)
- You have a demonstrated proficiency in strategic planning, including developing and implementing recruitment plans
- You have an in-depth knowledge of recruitment best practices including branding, sourcing, interviewing, and selection
- You have strong connections to local pools of talent
- You have experience leading and mentoring a team of driven, high-achieving recruiters
- You are a strong team-player with solid interviewing and business acumen
- You are friendly and personable with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are adaptable, love to solve problems both big and small, and have a can-do attitude
- You excel at critical thinking, and can find creative solutions to unforeseen situations
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 4 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21064 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.