AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated scientist, with demonstrated hands-on laboratory experience relevant to the purification of antibodies to join our multidisciplinary team. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and self-directed scientist, a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most innovative biotech companies and to contribute to our cutting-edge research on antibody engineering, advanced mammalian cell systems, and molecular research supporting the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Designing, planning and executing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with your teammates
- Performing high throughput purification of antibodies for various projects
- Contributing to optimizing efficiency and speed in antibody production systems
- Performing purification of mg to gram quantities of antibodies of high purity
- Solving problems both independently and in teams
- Liaising with partners and communicating project updates and deliverables
- Developing and implementing standard operating procedures
- Organizing, supporting, and collaborating with team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are a creative problem solver and fast learner who believes in teamwork to tackle the most challenging scientific problems
- You are self-motivated and have the initiative and drive to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You think critically, are curious and want to explore new technologies, opportunities and integrate automation to improve the antibody production workflow and process
Required qualifications and experience:
- A MSc in Biological Sciences (Biochemistry, or other relevant fields) or BSc with 5+ years in an academic or industry wet lab environment
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team
- Hands-on experience with protein purification technologies, including IMAC, HIC size exclusion, IEx, and/or affinity chromatography, with antibody purification experience preferred
- Strong data analysis skills and the ability to interpret, communicate, and document large data sets
- Experience with high-throughput protein purification or automation is an asset
- Knowledge of analytical technology like UPLC, light scattering and thermal denaturation desired but not required
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21167 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.