AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking an experienced scientist with a strong background in mammalian cell biology, immunology and cell enrichment strategies to join our dynamic Discovery team. This role offers the exciting opportunity to contribute to therapeutic antibody discovery from natural immune repertoires using cutting-edge technologies, while working in one of Canada’s top biotech companies. We are a multidisciplinary team that believes that through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support, together we can solve the biggest challenges in drug discovery. If you’re highly motivated, self-directed, and a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced and focused environment, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Working with our dynamic team on developing and optimizing innovative cell enrichment strategies using flow cytometry, cell sorting or other cell separation technologies
- Contributing to our antibody discovery campaigns by advising on the design of enrichment strategies and helping hands-on in their implementation
- Designing, planning, and executing experiments, either independently or as a member of various cross-functional teams spanning a wide expertise range (e.g. immunization, antigen design, antibody discovery, cell and molecular biology, engineering)
- Developing cutting-edge molecular, cellular and functional assays to assess enrichment strategies
- Analyzing and presenting data to key stakeholders
- Maintaining and implementing standard operating procedures while recognizing and addressing opportunities for improvements and innovation
- Training, mentoring and supervising members of a dynamic team
- Organizing, supporting and collaborating with other team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- You enjoy mentoring and bringing out the best in your teammates
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
Required qualifications and experience:
- MSc or PhD in relevant field with at least 5 years work experience in cell biology, immunology and cell enrichment strategies
- Strong experience in multicolor flow cytometry (including complex panel design and marker selection), cell sorting, or other cell separation technologies
- Demonstrated experience in developing innovative cell enrichment strategies
- Experience with mammalian tissue isolation and processing, cell culture and cell-based assay development
- Strong troubleshooting and decision-making skills in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively
- Strong leadership skills
- (Optional, but desired) Background in B cell immunology, experience in imaging, microscopy and development of antibody-based assays.
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21118 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.