We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Internal Auditor to join our Risk, Audit and Compliance team. AbCellera believes we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you are a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Head of Risk, Audit and Compliance; you will be primarily responsible for leading and conducting assurance and advisory engagements to identify and mitigate risks to the Company. You will work with your broader AbCellera colleagues to ensure policies and procedures are efficient, effective and adhered to. You naturally focus on driving value and positive change within the organization to help the Company achieve its business objectives.
How you might spend your days:
- Conducting assurance, advisory, special assignments and other ad hoc engagements as outlined in the audit plan, as requested by management and/ or assigned by the Head of Risk, Audit and Compliance.
- Performing all aspects of internal controls testing on behalf of management for annual SOX compliance effectiveness assessment, including coordinating and conducting ITGC testing.
- Supporting the IT function in addition to collaborating with departments across the organization to provide value additive assurance and advisory services.
- Participating in all aspects of engagements including planning, risk assessments, developing audit programs, executing fieldwork and preparing reports.
- Leading engagements including coordinating team members and external resources.
- Reviewing systems, processes and controls to determine their adequacy and effectiveness to ensure organizational risk is mitigated to an acceptable level.
- Reviewing, evaluating and recommending changes to policies, procedures, systems and controls to ensure they are efficient, effective and sufficiently mitigate risks.
- Working with management to identify issues, ensuring they are aware and accepting of findings, and provide effective recommendations.
- Preparing audit reports for presentation to stakeholders, senior management and the Audit Committee.
- Ensuring all assurance and advisory work is performed in accordance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Interacting and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues, external auditors and consultants as it relates assurance and advisory engagements.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ of relevant work experience.
- You have a professional designation (CPA, CISA, CIA or equivalent designation), with a CISA desirable.
- You have strong technical experience and knowledge of US GAAP and ITGCs
- You demonstrate initiative, accountability, diligence and follow-through in conducting assignments
- You think critically and show great judgement in your decision-making process
- You are a personable, adaptable and proficient team player
- You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- You have impeccable attention to detail
- You have strong time management, organizational, multitasking and analytical skills
- You have an interest in the biotech industry and are curious to learn
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21044 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.