AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated structural biologist with a proven record of innovation and leadership in the field. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the direct visualization of macromolecules by electron microscopy or X-ray determination, and deep insight into the molecular basis of protein folding and protein-protein interactions. This is an excellent opportunity to apply structural biology expertise in a high impact, real-world setting to accelerate the development of antibody therapeutics by understanding the molecular basis of their interactions with antigens.
AbCellera’s Data Visualization team creates cutting-edge software that enables our scientists to gain insights into the large, complex datasets we generate in-house. What kind of data, you ask? Data describing thousands of therapeutic possibilities for any given disease. All we have to do is mine this data to find the therapeutics with the greatest potential.
You will be a developer of the award-winning CeliumTM, AbCellera’s antibody data visualization software. CeliumTM was named the #1 innovation of 2020 by The Scientist Magazine, and we want people like you to innovate with us! You will help us develop software solutions to challenging data visualization problems. Ultimately, your work will enable scientists to dig deeper into therapeutic datasets and choose the very best antibodies to move forward into therapeutic development.
Don’t have a biology background? Not a problem - you don’t need one to excel here!
How you might spend your days:
- Developing UIs that allow non-technical users to intuitively interact with data
- Developing web APIs that enable communication with other teams and technologies
- Collaborating with other developers to think through challenging features and architect robust solutions
- Performing code reviews, ensuring that our code conforms to accepted best practices
- Interacting with members from other software, analytics and machine learning teams to implement cross-functional features
Our current tech stack:
- On the front-end we use Angular 11 and Sass, along with libraries such as Redux and d3.js. Our backend is built with Node.js, Express.js and PostgreSQL. We use Docker for containerized development and deployment, with a Jenkins CI pipeline targeting AWS. For testing we use Cypress and Testing Library. We’re committed to code quality, and fully leverage TypeScript, ESLint and Prettier.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of industry experience in web development
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of server-side languages and architectures,
- Experience delivering quality code across the full technical stack
- Experience with API design
- A passion for solving complex problems with elegant, simple, maintainable and extensible solutions
- Enviable software design practices: delivery of clean, reusable, documented, tested and version-controlled code
- Excellent communication skills both with technical and non-technical colleagues
Bonus qualifications, but not required:
- Experience modelling complex, interrelated data structures
- Experience profiling and tuning the performance of web applications
- 3+ courses in Biology at the university level, or equivalent work experience
Perks of the job:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21211 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.