At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up. Our developers are designing cutting-edge software that revolutionizes how scientists explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do this. It’s life-changing research and you could be a part of it. We’re the first in our field to be providing tools like these, which means you’ll be solving new problems every day, helping us to develop unique software products that make us leaders in the tech industry. And, most importantly, your work will contribute to bringing better therapies to patients.
We are seeking a talented software developer to help us develop and refine the software systems that power our antibody discovery platform. These systems include real-time image analysis, data management, hardware control, and user interfaces that enable our lab teams to effectively interact with all of the above. The successful candidate should have a strong technical background, experience developing desktop applications, an impeccable work ethic, and a fearless self-starter attitude. You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, with expertise in software engineering, instrument/hardware design, microfabrication, biomedical engineering, and machine learning.
How you might spend your days:
- Building software for our high-throughput cell screening platforms
- Developing visualizations for the results of our machine learning analysis pipelines
- Helping to design and scale our distributed data infrastructure
- Collaborating with like-minded individuals as part of a larger interdisciplinary team
- Presenting data to technical and non-technical audiences
- Helping non-technical users navigate developed software as well as help them to define required features
- Solving interesting and complex problems relevant to implementing software into our antibody discovery/production pipeline
Our relevant tech stack:
We’d love to hear from you if:
- 3-5 years experience developing software and a bachelor’s degree or technical diploma with a focus in engineering, computer science, or software development
- Experience building desktop applications and a familiarity with common UI patterns MVC, MVVM
- Experience building large desktop applications in any framework
- Experience with C++11 or greater and Qt/QML is an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A desire to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary environment
- A self starter who enjoys working under little direction
- No previous biology experience required, but a desire to learn more about the field is!
Perks of the job:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 20012 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.