Our Business Development team is growing. As part of a rapidly expanding business, we’re looking for an individual who can help support and develop our alliance management capabilities. Being part of a leading company in biologics with partnerships across the entire biopharma ecosystem, the Business and Alliance Manager will support the BD and scientific teams in planning, executing and monitoring partnership programs. The role is highly collaborative in nature and successful candidates will report to the Head of Business Development, working closely with our RD, BD and finance teams. Successful applicants are also expected to be travelling internationally occasionally.
How you might spend your days:
- Create and execute project plans and alliance management activities in collaboration with the R&D groups and the Business Development team
- Ensure contract terms and processes are tracked and monitored accurately (i.e., upfront payments, approvals, milestones)
- Interface with multiple teams to ensure alignment between teams as it relates to project governance, status, risks, opportunities
- Work with partners to set the direction and details for early implementation of collaboration agreements including key activities, timelines and responsibilities on either side of the partnership
- Serve as the central contact point for internal coordination and external interface with the collaboration partner
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have relevant education or experience in alliance management, ideally with 3 years or more of related experience within the Pharma/Biotech industry
- You have experience in managing programs, alliances, partnerships, collaborations and/or joint ventures with a business development component
- You are curious and interested by technology, with an In-depth understanding of the drug development process, specifically biologics
- You have strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- You have strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary setting, foster and nurture teamwork, and act as a facilitator to make discussions productive
- You are able to influence without authority and establish credibility with various audiences
- You are resourceful, motivated, decisive and proactive and able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-growth organization
Offers & benefits:
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- And of course, the opportunity to make a difference, working on problems that matter
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1057 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.