Our Business Development team is growing. As part of a rapidly expanding business, we’re looking for an outstanding individual who can help us support the expansion of our business development activities. The Business Development Analyst will have a key role in supporting business development activities by identifying and researching key areas for growth and working in closely on various aspects of business developments for our partnership business. As part of a leading and highly innovative company, successful candidates will report to the Head of Business Development and will work closely with various teams. Successful applicants are also expected to be travelling internationally occasionally.
How you might spend your days:
- Research scientific and business topics using proprietary databases and public information
- Aggregate information under the form of internal reports, powerpoint presentations, word documents including high quality figures to share with scientific and executive teams
- Identify and highlight key strategic areas of innovation, including scientific/financial models
- Participate in discussions with the scientific and business development teams to identify key areas of growth for the company
- Collaborate with the communication and marketing team to plan, generate and disseminate information, either internally or externally
- Generate materials for internal and external communications in relation with BD activities
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a strong scientific background, preferably PhD or higher in biology, biochemistry, immunology and/or are familiar with biologics.
- Experience with platform technologies would be ideal, exposure to biotech venture capital is a plus. Relevant undergraduate degrees with life science experience will be considered
- You are interested in the trends and cycles of biotech industry, innovation, and understand how technology can drive value for our business
- You appreciate value drivers with different business models (equity, upfront payments, royalty, licensing, software models)
- You are able to synthesize complex information and communicate effectively, using oral presentations and by generating the required materials
- You are genuinely curious, with an interest in discussing innovative ideas in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment
- You work well with Microsoft, Google and Adobe office suites
Offers & benefits:
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- And of course, the opportunity to make a difference, working on problems that matter
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1055 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.