We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a highly-motivated Buyer to join our Procurement team. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Working closely with your colleagues on the Procurement team, you will be primarily responsible for the execution of purchasing processes. This entails reviewing and placing orders, liaising with the teams requesting the orders, and working with external vendors to ensure our supplies get here in time. You will also assist with other aspects of the procurement cycle including RFQs, RFPs and spend analysis.
How you might spend your days:
- Creating, processing, and coding purchase orders, and placing orders with suppliers
- Managing outside communication with external vendors and stakeholders
- Working closely with the lab management team to place standing orders and ensure general supplies are always in stock
- Assisting in all aspects of the purchasing process from requesting quotes to requisition to delivery
- Assisting in the development of a standardized purchasing process
- Monitoring open orders and ensure backorders are promptly acted on and fulfilled
- Responding to general inquiries pertaining to placed orders
- Assisting with any procurement-related issues and manage internal communications with functional teams
- Contributing to multi-functional team meetings, providing progress updates, and identifying areas for process improvements.
- Assisting with identifying areas for cost analysis
- Liaising with the finance team to offer support where needed
- Providing support to other members in operations in completing various procurement and cross-functional projects
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelor or College degree in a business or science-related field
- You have 3 years’ related work experience in a similar role and/or certifications related to Procurement (SCMP, CSCP, SCM Diploma, etc.)
- You have experience working with an ERP system
- You are personable, friendly, and a team player
- You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- You have strong time management and organizational skills
- You are able to work independently and are willing to assist others when needed
- You demonstrate initiative, accountability and diligence in follow-through
- You have good attention to detail and take pride in documenting your work well
- You are familiar with the biotech industry or are curious to learn more
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21078 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.