AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
As a Corporate Development Associate, you will support the delivery of a wide range of strategic initiatives related to AbCellera’s inorganic growth activities. Reporting into the Senior Manager, Corporate Development, you will take an active role in assessing new strategic opportunities and partnerships and conducting analyses that will support informed business decisions. This will include investments and strategies that enhance organizational capabilities, drive revenue growth, improve operating efficiencies or mitigate risk.
How you might spend your days:
- Developing analyses and business case assessments of various complexity, including cash flow modelling, to support: large corporate projects and growth initiatives, Commercial Due Diligence relating to potential acquisitions, real estate capacity planning and non-dilutive external funding (scientific grants, philanthropy, governmental etc.)
- Preparing and delivering project-related presentations
- Assisting individuals from multiple departments with project feasibility analyses and opportunity assessments
- Conducting primary and secondary research to gather qualitative and quantitative insights
- Consulting regularly with Corporate Development leadership to provide updates on progress and review outputs of your work
- Arranging and coordinating appointments and meetings, gathering materials for distribution and making other preparations for meetings, as required.
- Coordinating and tracking Corporate Development projects
- Updating and maintaining Corporate Development contact databases to support project governance
- Preparing and distributing meeting minutes
- Taking on additional responsibilities, as required
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 3+ years professional experience in the pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry with evidence of career progression. Experience in a strategy consulting firm or corporate development unit is a plus.
- A strong academic track record (preference for M.Sc or Ph.D level candidates)
- Proven analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Flexible & problem-solving mindset with ability to check your own work so that drafts are delivered to a high quality
- The ability to articulate complex concepts and structure appropriate solutions to problems
- A high level of proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) – and ability to use these tools to conduct data analysis, build business case models and prepare presentations
- A demonstrated interest in, and working knowledge of, the life sciences and biotechnology industry
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with strong sense of professionalism
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The ability to develop and maintain fruitful, collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to multitask
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21035 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.