Job ID: 21037
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a highly-motivated and experienced Facilities Operations Manager to join our Facilities team. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Develop and implement processes and procedures for preventative maintenance events
- Coordinating and interacting with external contractors
- Facilitating communication and transparency within cross-functional teams and internal project stakeholders
- Identifying potential risks and creating mitigation strategies
- Review and coordinate service contracts that support the smooth operation of facilities
- Planning and implementing multiple facilities projects simultaneously
- Reviewing construction drawings and specifications, and assisting with the design and layout or laboratory and office facilities.
- Preparing and maintaining project documentation according to company standards and best practices
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar role
- You have experience with facilities project planning, implementation and management
- You have experience working within a dynamic project environment with changing priorities
- You have experience working with cross functional teams to assess needs, push projects forwards, and communicate progress
- You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- You think critically and show great judgement in your decision-making process
- You have strong time management and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- You are personable, friendly, and a team player
- You are able to work independently and are willing to assist others when needed
- You demonstrate initiative, accountability and diligence in follow-through
- You are prepared to rally the team and look for solutions when confronted with challenges
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21037 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.