Recently featured on Fast Company’s 2020 list of Most Innovative Companies, AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team. We are seeking a seasoned Information Designer to support our expanding marketing communications program. You have a full toolkit of 2D and 3D visual wizardry up your sleeve and you thrive in experimenting with creative solutions with ego-free flexibility. You have a life sciences or engineering background, have designed for biotechnology and life science brands, and a proven nerd in information design and data visualization.
How you might spend your days:
- Solve complex information design challenges presented by highly technical verbal and visual content. Mediums include presentations, static infographics, animation storyboards, white papers, scientific manuscripts and conference posters.
- Design data and information through a broad range of diagrams, tables, charts, and plots using current visual design best practices and trends.
- Use a range of advanced 2D and 3D rendering techniques to create original and modify existing illustrations and models of molecular, protein, and cellular structures.
- Support and collaborate closely with the Brand Designer to ensure scientific soundness and cognitive effectiveness across all communication pieces involving visual design.
- Under the guidance of the marketing communications team, you will also collaborate with executives and scientists across multiple disciplines such as business development and research & development.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a university degree or college diploma in biological sciences, applied sciences, or engineering plus a university degree or college diploma in graphic or media design which includes coursework in information design.
- You have 3-5 years of full-time agency and/or in-house design experience, or 6-8 years of part-time / freelance design experience.
- You have a portfolio that proves mastery in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Cinema 4D or Maya (in that order) via application of advanced tools: digital illustration and painting, blend and mesh modes, 3D geometries and modelling, texturing and particle physics, lighting and cameras.
- Your portfolio includes extensive data visualization pieces such as complex flow charts, timelines, infographics, schematic diagrams explaining scientific processes like metabolic or signaling pathways, engineering circuitries and pipelines, experimental and production workflows, etc.
- Your portfolio includes sketches and mock-ups that demonstrate your process in organizing data into functional hierarchies and transforming it into digestible information.
- You have an intermediate to advanced knowledge in designing for PowerPoint and Keynote. You have a working knowledge of Acrobat, Excel, Word, and Google Suite. A basic knowledge of Adobe After Effects is strongly desired but not required.
- You understand how to manage color profiles and file formats and how they implicate downstream workflows in printing, web publishing, and video rendering.
- You are detail-oriented and meticulous: you often identify gaps that most may miss.
- You have impeccable spoken, written, and proofreading skills in English.
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 20010 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.