We are a young, driven and innovative biotech company looking for a highly-motivated and detail-oriented IT helpdesk technician to join our rapidly growing team. Data and information technology are at the heart of what we do, and with the right team and innovative IT solutions, we believe that we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Responding to and tracking requests for IT technical support from employees in person, via phone, and electronically
- Helping manage user accounts and subscriptions for licensed software
- Managing software upgrade schedules, and installing software upgrades
- Configuring new computers (installing OS and software, deploying user profiles)
- Managing printers, scanners, video conferencing equipment and general user hardware
- Maintaining IT inventory lists
- Troubleshooting system and network problems, including diagnosing and helping to resolve hardware/software failures
- Identifying issues and engaging senior IT staff where appropriate
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years post secondary education in Network/IT/computers
- Experience in desktop/laptop hardware troubleshooting and parts upgrades
- Windows and MacOS desktop knowledge
- Networking experience is a plus (VPN, connectivity, working with ISPs)
- Good working knowledge of cybersecurity best practices and measures (antivirus, malware management, security policy implementation)
In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate initiative and be proactive about resolving issues
- Enjoy working with people from diverse professional backgrounds and thrive in a team-based environment, building solutions that meet specific needs across a diverse set of users
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have excellent documentation and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Be accountable, reliable, punctual, and resilient, with an unwavering work ethic
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks vacation
- A seat in our beautiful offices in Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, facilitate and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1044 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.