Recently featured on Fast Company’s 2020 list of Most Innovative Companies, AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team. We are seeking a highly motivated and accomplished scientist, with demonstrated hands-on laboratory experience relevant to the expression and purification of antibodies to join our multi-disciplinary team. This is a role for an experienced scientist who has established essential processes and led teams responsible for high and medium throughput antibody expression and purification. Our ideal candidate is a self-directed scientist, a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s fastest growing biotechs and to contribute to our cutting-edge research on monoclonal antibody purification and characterization supporting the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Designing, planning and executing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with your teammates
- Establishing and optimizing protocols for antibody expression and purification, including high throughput and medium throughput production
- Engaging with multiple teams to build optimal solutions for challenges in antibody expression and purification
- Solving problems at a high level
- Training, mentoring, and supervising members of a dynamic team
- Liaising with partners and communicating project updates and deliverables
- Developing and implementing standard operating procedures
- Organizing, supporting, and collaborating with team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are a creative problem solver and fast learner who believes in team work to tackle the most challenging scientific problems
- You are self-motivated and have the initiative and drive to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You think critically, are curious and want to explore new technologies, opportunities and integrate automation to improve the antibody production workflow and process
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in Biological Sciences (Biochemistry, or other relevant fields) and at least 5+ years industry experience in a wet lab environment
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team
- Strong knowledge of protein expression using transient and/or stable mammalian cell culture systems (HEK, CHO)
- Extensive experience in protein purification technology including IMAC, HIC and/or IEx Chromatography
- Experience with high-throughput protein expression and purification or automation desired
- A strong data analyses skillset and the ability to interpret, communicate, and document large data sets
- Knowledge of analytical technology like SEC, light scattering and thermal denaturation is an asset
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 7006 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.