AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a Machine Learning Scientist - Sequence Space to join our rapidly growing Machine Learning team. We are a group of motivated people who work in collaboration with life scientists to constantly improve our discovery pipeline. We have a multi-faceted antibody discovery and characterization pipeline that is able to rapidly discover next-generation antibody therapies. Our pipeline generates an immense amount of valuable data which can be used to further develop our pipeline through state-of-the-art machine learning techniques. Ultimately, we are all working towards a common goal which we strongly believe will make the world a better place. Come join AbCellera and help bring new therapeutics to patients around the world!
How you might spend your days:
- Develop NLP-style sequence models to automate and improve our drug discovery pipeline
- Investigate data in creative ways to pull out exciting trends and discover useful features
- Work on novel research and development projects to expand our capabilities
- Optimize machine learning and data science pipelines with a focus on scalability
- Work collaboratively with life scientists, bioinformaticians, and software engineers
- Shepherd your machine learning projects from inception all the way through to in-house production use
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Bachelor’s Degree +8 years of work experience in machine learning and/or data science, or Master’s Degree +7 years of work experience in machine learning and/or data science, or PhD +5 years of work experience in machine learning and/or data science
- Experience developing production grade machine learning models
- Experience dealing with big data
- Expert in bioinformatics, NLP, tensorflow/keras/pytorch etc.
- Python expertise
- Strong ability to present work and communicate ideas to technical and non-technical coworkers
- A strong desire to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary environment
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21214 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.