AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
As our Senior Manager, Corporate Development, you will manage a wide range of strategic initiatives and projects related to AbCellera’s inorganic growth activities. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Development, you will take a leading role in assessing new strategic opportunities and partnerships and be responsible for the delivery of analyses that will support informed business decisions. This will include investments and strategies that enhance organizational capabilities, drive revenue growth, improve operating efficiencies or mitigate risk. You will manage opportunity identification, evaluation and prioritization, as well as due diligence and deal execution for investments and other projects that enable and accelerate AbCellera's long-term strategy.
How you might spend your days:
- Managing Corporate Development project teams and external resources in the design, development and delivery of projects of varying complexity
- Leveraging business experience and acumen in identifying strategic alternatives and project approaches to support decision making by the AbCellera executive team
- Providing direction, advice and coaching to the Corporate Development Associates and Analysts
- Leading the development of business case assessments of various complexity, including cash flow modelling, to support:
- Large corporate projects and growth initiatives
- Target Identification and Commercial Due Diligence relating to potential acquisitions
- Real estate capacity planning
- Non-dilutive external funding (scientific grants, philanthropy, governmental etc.)
- Managing cross-functional teams to conduct due diligence and build business cases for various projects and transactions
- Working closely with Director of Corporate Development to structure departmental goals and manage the Corporate Development Associates and Analysts as appropriate to achieve those goals
- Presenting regularly to the Corporate Development leadership team to provide updates on the team’s progress and review outputs of Corporate Development projects
- Implementing appropriate project governance approaches to the ensure quality and timely delivery of Corporate Development initiatives
- Taking on additional responsibilities, as required
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years experience in Corporate Development or Strategic Consulting within the pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry, with evidence of career progression.
- A strong academic track record, with preference for M.Sc or Ph.D level candidates
- Significant experience with business case analysis and commercial due diligence
- Confidence and comfort in a high intensity environment and are a highly motivated, results-oriented individual
- The ability and willingness to dive into details and provide analytical and modelling support to assist the broader Corporate Development team
- A high degree of comfort managing through ambiguity and complexity
- Proven analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail
- The ability to articulate complex concepts and structure appropriate solutions to problems
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with strong sense of professionalism
- The ability to work both independently and as a team lead
- The ability to develop and maintain fruitful, collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21036 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.