AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a motivated, meticulous and conscientious candidate with administration and coordination expertise in in vivo work to join our dynamic Immunization group. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Coordinating import and transfer of biological specimens and materials to different CROs, arranging delivery and pick ups to meet project timelines
- Following up with suppliers, lab users, custom brokers, or shipping companies regarding delivery/shipment logistics in a timely manner
- Helping to develop and implement new systems and processes for colony management with third-party contractors
- Implementing and maintaining systems for improved organization to support immunization workflow, including ensuring data entry into internal software is accurate and up-to-date
- Managing procurement and inventory
- Participating in the production, maintenance and quality control of reagent stock inventory
- Upholding team compliance with safety policies, standards and regulations
- Maintaining a safe and productive work environment and lab facility, compliant with regulatory requirements
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
Required qualifications and experience:
- Minimum B.Sc. in a relevant field, with at least 5 years’ experience in laboratory setting
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Willingness to take on large responsibilities and coordinate with lab personnel
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Intermediate computer literacy, experience with colony management software system(s) is an asset
- Eagerness to solve problems both big and small
- (Optional, but desired) Experience with in vivo work and colony management
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21501 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.