AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a scientist with a strong background in mammalian cell biology with expertise in reporter and functional assay development to join our dynamic Discovery team. This role offers the exciting opportunity to contribute to therapeutic antibody discovery from natural immune repertoires using cutting-edge technologies, while working in one of Canada’s top biotech companies. We are a multidisciplinary team that believes that through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support, together we can solve the biggest challenges in drug discovery. If you’re highly motivated, self-directed, and a team player who thrives in a fast-paced and focused environment, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Developing and optimizing functional assays for therapeutic antibody discovery, with a focus on membrane target classes including GPCRs and/or ion channels
- Working with project leads and specialized teams to support, optimize and troubleshoot the development of novel functional assays for high-throughput antibody discovery
- The scope of work may include the development of in vitro assays and design of complex functional assays using various mammalian cell lines and primary cells
- Designing, planning, and executing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with your teammates
- Analyzing and presenting data to colleagues and key stakeholders
- Training, mentoring and supervising members of a dynamic team
- Organizing, supporting and collaborating with other team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- You enjoy mentoring and bringing out the best in your teammates
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
Required qualifications and experience:
- Post-doc or PhD in relevant field, or MSc plus at least 5 years work experience in relevant field
- Strong background in cell-based assay development techniques for membrane targets including GPCRs and/or ion channels
- Experience in various binding and functional assays using detection methods including fluorescence, luminescence, FRET, etc.
- Experience developing reporter cell lines for use in functional high-throughput, high-content screening an asset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment
- Strong leadership skills
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21137 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.