AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly-motivated scientist with a proven record of leadership and achievements in the field of genetic engineering to join our dynamic and multidisciplinary Molecular & Cell Line Engineering team for the development of engineered in vivo model systems. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the technological developments in the field, possess strong written and presentation skills, and demonstrate excellent time and data analysis and management abilities. In addition, experience in coordinating the generation of transgenic murine lines and managing CROs would be an asset. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s fastest growing biotechs and to contribute to our cutting-edge research on antibody engineering, advanced mammalian cell systems, and molecular research supporting the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Solving high-level problems in designing molecular approaches and validation strategies for genetic engineering of transgenic models
- Designing DNA constructs, coordinating their synthesis, and developing in vitro validation strategies for the generation of transgenic murine lines
- Coordinating the generation of transgenic models and genotyping with various partners including CROs
- Providing leadership in the design, planning and execution of experiments in collaboration with your teammates in a fast-paced environment
- Training, mentoring, and supervising members of our dynamic team
- Communicating with CROs, industry and academic partners with project updates and deliverables
- Developing and implementing standard operating procedures
- Organizing, supporting, and collaborating with team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are a creative problem solver who believes in teamwork to tackle the most challenging scientific problems
- You have demonstrated leadership skills, and believe that strong communication is integral to ensuring team success
- You are self-motivated and have the initiative and the drive to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You think critically and you are curious about exploring new technologies and developments in the field
- You are excited about the prospect of directing your molecular biology experience to driving therapeutic antibody development
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in Biological Sciences (Molecular and Cell Biology, or other relevant fields) with 5+ years of post-doctoral or relevant industrial experience in genetic engineering and assessment of mammalian systems
- Proven track record in genome editing and generating transgenic in vivo models
- Expertise in immunoglobulin structure and regulation of B-Cell development
- Experience with high-throughput biology and automation are all assets
- Excellent communication skills in team-focused setting, and ability to analyse and present scientific data
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21302 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.