AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated structural biologist with a proven record of innovation and leadership in the field. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the direct visualization of macromolecules by electron microscopy or X-ray determination, and deep insight into the molecular basis of protein folding and protein-protein interactions. This is an excellent opportunity to apply structural biology expertise in a high impact, real-world setting to accelerate the development of antibody therapeutics by understanding the molecular basis of their interactions with antigens.
How you might spend your days:
- Solving high-level problems in the 3D structural characterization of the most challenging therapeutic targets and interactions with biologics
- Collaborating with existing personnel to develop a structural biology team
- Communicating with industry and academic partners with project updates and deliverables
- Developing and implementing standard operating procedures
- Organizing, supporting and collaborating with team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are a creative problem solver who believes in team work to tackle the most challenging scientific problems
- You are self-motivated and have the initiative and the drive to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You think critically and you are curious about exploring new technologies and developments in the field
Required qualifications and experience:
- PhD in Biological Sciences (Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other relevant fields) with at least 5 years of relevant post-graduate experience in academia or industry
- Comprehensive experience in methods protein expression and purification methods including cell membrane preparation, affinity chromatography and SEC/ion-exchange based FPLC chromatography
- Experience in X-ray crystallography and/or single particle CryoEM sample preparation, data processing, model building and structure refinement is desired.
- Experience with protein biophysical characterization such as SPR, MALS and DLS
- Experience with membrane protein characterization is an asset
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21270 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.