AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing technology company with an amazing team. We are not afraid of challenges and together we like to tackle tough problems.
We have an immediate opening for a Corporate Counsel to join our team. Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer (CLO), the Corporate Counsel will provide advice and accountability on general corporate matters, IP protection, regulatory compliance, governance, M&A, securities (including compliance), finance, and contracts across different jurisdictions. While AbCellera is based in beautiful Vancouver, BC, we're open to considering remote candidates for this role! This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented lawyer seeking to join a preeminent technology company focused on delivering antibody therapies to patients.
How you might spend your days:
- Working with the CLO to support the publicly listed company and its subsidiaries
- Working with the CLO and external counsel on AbCellera and its subsidiaries’ IP portfolio, including patent prosecution and litigation
- Liaising with outside counsel, helping to manage external legal project budgets, and working with the CLO to obtain legal advice as necessary
- Participating in M&A and other finance matters with peers across the business
- Collaborating with your peers on the legal team to ensure the company’s legal obligations are fulfilled
- Working with internal colleagues and external counsel on the negotiation of research collaboration agreements, contracts, and other matters
- Preparing filings with the US Securities and Exchange Commission and NASDAQ, including annual reports, proxy materials for shareholder meetings and quarterly financial filings
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a J.D. or LL.B. degree (or equivalent)
- You have good standing with at least one of the following: U.S. State Bar or a Canadian Law Society
- You have 4+ years of broad related commercial and legal experience
- You have practical experience with the USPTO and patent prosecution, with preference in immunology, biology and chemistry
- You have a demonstrated track record of sound judgement and professionalism
- You have the ability to work with senior-level executives across multiple business lines and global regions
- You have the capacity to work independently with little supervision
- You have strong organizational skills, excellent attention to detail, and adaptability and flexibility
- You have prior in-house experience (an asset, not required)
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 4 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21017 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.