Featured on Fast Company’s 2020 list of Most Innovative Companies, AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team. We are seeking a seasoned Compensation Analyst to take ownership of AbCellera’s total compensation initiatives. Our ideal candidate is results-driven and detail-oriented, who will work with our People & Culture and Finance teams to prepare compensation modelling, analyze data for interpretation, and provide insights and recommendations for competitive compensation structures, recognizing that our most valuable asset is our people. A background in biology not needed, just be ready for a crash course in immunology and drug discovery!
How you might spend your days:
- Supporting all key compensation execution efforts including annual increases, bonuses, and equity compensation
- Leading AbCellera’s participation in external compensation surveys. Conducting comparative market benchmark reviews, analyzing market rates for similar jobs in comparable labour markets and recommending changes as appropriate to maintain desired market competitiveness and ensure internal equity.
- Researching and updating compensation structures at AbCellera on a regular basis
- Staying up to date on compensation best practices and trends to identify opportunities for new compensation initiatives; crafting and advising on total rewards strategies and processes
- Leading our annual compensation review process - working with leaders across the organization to make data-driven recommendations for their teams
- Working closely with our Talent Discovery team to provide role-specific compensation recommendations
- Participating in the administration AbCellera’s share incentive plans
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 5+ years experience in a compensation or total rewards role
- You have an in-depth knowledge of compensation planning and benchmarking (including stock compensation), market trends, and job evaluation
- You have strong quantitative and analytical skills as well as a flawless attention to detail
- You have a demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in manipulating data
- You are adaptable, love to solve problems both big and small, and have a can-do attitude
- You excel at critical thinking, and can find creative solutions to unforeseen situations
- You are friendly and personable with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21093 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.