AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking an experienced Bioinformatician who can build and grow with us - an expert multitasker who loves finding order in large datasets from complex experimental pipelines. If you’re self-motivated, creative, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we would love to hear from you. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most innovative biotech companies and to contribute to our cutting-edge research on antibody engineering, advanced mammalian cell systems, and molecular research supporting the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
Our research creates a huge amount of data. We need someone like you to help bridge the gap between complex biological data and life-changing insights. On any given day you might:
- Extend and improve production pipelines for analyzing single-cell and bulk immunoglobulin repertoire sequencing data
- Develop novel computational methods and bioinformatic tools for internal R&D priorities
- Work closely with front-end and back-end developers to enable effective storage, processing, and visualization of large and complex datasets
- Collaborate with wet-lab scientists to interpret and design experiments
Required qualifications and experience:
- A graduate degree (MSc or PhD) in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or a related field
- Experience working in a team environment, collaborating on solutions, and sharing code
- Proficiency in at least one common coding language (Python preferred)
- Experience working with high-throughput sequencing data
- Experience modeling, designing, testing, and debugging code
- A demonstrated ability to find creative and functional solutions to complicated problems
- The ability to express complex ideas in understandable ways, and to communicate effectively with people from different fields
- Excellent documentation skills with impeccable attention to detail
Bonus qualifications, but not required:
- A good foundation in statistical analysis
- An understanding of the basics and limitations of experimental protocols
- A background in immunobiology
- Experience with machine learning techniques, feature selection, and data exploration
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21267 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.