AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a talented software developer to help us develop and refine the software systems that power our antibody discovery platform. These systems include real-time image analysis, data management, hardware control, and user interfaces that enable our lab teams to effectively interact with all of the above. The successful candidate should have a strong technical background, experience developing native client-server and distributed applications, an impeccable work ethic, and a fearless self-starter attitude. You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, with expertise in software engineering, instrument/hardware design, microfabrication, biomedical engineering, and machine learning. You naturally focus on driving value and positive change within the organization to help the Company achieve its business objectives.
How you might spend your days:
- Building software for our high-throughput cell screening platforms
- Developing distributed data pipelines for our machine learning analyses of the data generated by our high-throughput cell screening platform.
- Collaborating with like-minded individuals as part of a larger interdisciplinary team
- Presenting data to technical and non-technical audiences
- Helping non-technical users navigate developed software as well as help them to define required features
- Solving interesting and complex problems relevant to implementing software into our antibody discovery/production pipeline
Our relevant tech stack:
We'd love to hear from you if:
- 3-5+ years experience developing software and a bachelor’s degree or technical diploma with a focus in engineering, computer science, or software development
- Experience building complex, high performance, scalable systems
- Experience with C++11 or greater
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A desire to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary environment
- A self starter who enjoys working under little direction
- No previous biology experience required, but a desire to learn more about the field is!
Bonus if you have experience with:
- ML frameworks such as Tensorflow
- Image processing, using frameworks such as OpenCV
- Distributed systems
Perks & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21303 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.