We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a laboratory operations coordinator for our state-of-the-art, custom lab in the heart of Vancouver. Someone responsible, with demonstrated experience in managing cell culture and molecular biology labs, adept at juggling multiple competing priorities, someone we trust. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Assisting with setting up new lab spaces
- Helping to develop new systems and processes for inventory management and routine inventory counts
- Drafting and maintaining SOPs; documenting and evaluating best practices
- Implementing organizational systems to improve laboratory workflows
- Coordinate and/or perform routine equipment maintenance to ensure proper function
- Coordinating service contracts and calibrations with our equipment team
- Maintaining inventories for equipment, consumables, and reagents and request as needed
- Receiving incoming shipments from various vendors and restocking supplies as needed
- Coordinating activities with the rest of the lab management team and other labs
- Upholding team compliance with safety policies, standards and regulations.
- Maintaining a safe and productive work environment and lab facility, compliant with regulatory requirements
- Supporting the team whenever an extra pair of hands is needed
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Minimum B.Sc. in a relevant field, with at least 2 years’ experience in laboratory setting
- Willingness to take on large responsibilities and coordinate with lab personnel
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Eagerness to solve problems both big and small
- Impeccable attention to detail
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
- (Optional, but desired) Experience with sterile techniques and tissue culture
- (Optional, but desired) Experience with molecular biology techniques
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21101 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.