We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a highly-motivated and experienced Payroll Coordinator to join our Finance team. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Working closely with your colleagues on the Finance and People and Culture team, you will be primarily responsible for processing the company’s payroll. You will work with the broader AbCellera team to gather and communicate payroll and benefits information. You will ensure our policies and procedures are set up and followed to support our continued growth.
How you might spend your days:
- Administering the timely processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, taxes, and other deductions for employees across Canada, Australia and the United States
- Ensuring accurate processing of day-to-day payroll updates and documentation including ROEs, new hires, terminations, paid time off, and pay rate changes
- Communicating with employees about payroll and benefits related inquiries and concerns
- Inputting and maintaining accurate payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data
- Improving and documenting payroll processes
- Reviewing and preparing payroll data and reports
- Liaising between departments to ensure all daily tasks are carried out
- Resolving payroll discrepancies by analyzing information
- Assisting with general operations where needed
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ payroll administration or equivalent experience
- You have completed and/or enrolled in the Canadian Payroll Association PCP designation program
- You have an understanding of payroll regulatory requirements and Employment Standards Acts
- You have experience using ADP Workforce Now and/or similar platforms
- You have intermediate Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to learn new software systems quickly
- You have an understanding of various Total Rewards programs and how they relate to Payroll
- You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- You have impeccable attention to detail
- You have strong time management and organizational skills
- You are a personable team player
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21045 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.