At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up. Our developers are designing cutting-edge software that revolutionizes how scientists explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do this. It’s life-changing research and you could be a part of it. We’re the first in our field to be providing tools like these, which means you’ll be solving new problems every day, helping us to develop unique software products that make us leaders in the tech industry. And, most importantly, your work will contribute to bringing better therapies to patients.
We are seeking a talented C++ Build Engineer to help us develop, maintain and enhance our development and operations process automation systems using industry standard practices. These systems include source control systems, CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery), test environments, data management and laboratory instrument fleet. The successful candidate should have experience in software development, integration and maintaining software deployment infrastructure. They should also have an impeccable work ethic, and a fearless self-starter attitude. You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, with expertise in software engineering, instrument/hardware design, microfabrication, biomedical engineering, and machine learning.
How you might spend your days:
- Deploying and configure CI/CD tools and frameworks
- Writing tools and frameworks to automate software development and deployment processes
- Facilitating software production cycle
- Monitoring and ensuring smooth operation of production and test environments
- Providing support and initial troubleshooting production environment
- Collaborating with like-minded individuals as part of a larger interdisciplinary team
- Presenting data to technical and non-technical audiences
- Helping non-technical users navigate developed infrastructure as well as help them to define required features
Our relevant tech stack:
- Jenkins CI
- GoogleTest and Catch2
- UNIX shell scripting, Python and PowerShell
- C++11 or above
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 2 - 4 years relevant work experience
- Experience developing software and a bachelor’s degree or technical diploma with a focus in engineering, computer science, or software development
- Understanding of software systems concepts such as networking, firewalls, protocols and databases
- Understanding software delivery practices such as Git branching models, configuration management
- Modern C++ programming experience (C++11 and above)
- Building, maintaining and integrating C++ libraries
- Experience maintaining CMake builds
- Experience with WiX, NSIS or similar Windows installation package authoring tools
- Experience with Windows and Linux administration
- Automation using UNIX shell scripting, Python, PowerShell or similar scripting languages
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A desire to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary environment
- A self starter who enjoys working under little direction
- No previous biology experience required, but a desire to learn more about the field is!
- Experience with the following technologies considered an asset:
- Jenkins, Teamcity or Bamboo
- Qt framework
- Visual Studio
Perks of the job:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 20013 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.