AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking an experienced scientist with a strong background in infectious disease to join our dynamic Discovery team. This role offers the exciting opportunity to contribute to therapeutic antibody discovery from natural immune repertoires using cutting-edge technologies, while working in one of Canada’s top biotech companies. We are a multidisciplinary team and believe that through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support, together we can solve the biggest challenges in drug discovery. If you’re highly motivated, self-directed, and a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced and focused environment, we’d love to hear from you. Our infectious disease program includes diverse projects with a variety of stakeholders and objectives. To thrive in this role, you’ll need exceptional organizational and collaborative skills, be able to multitask, problem-solve, think critically, and demonstrate scientific rigor.
How you might spend your days:
- Designing campaigns for the discovery of therapeutic antibody candidates, including both immunization, and clinical sample sourcing and triaging
- Developing, optimizing and troubleshooting high-throughput in vitro assays for antibody discovery and validation
- Designing and executing on antibody discovery campaigns, which includes data analysis, selection of candidates for further characterization, design of characterization requirements, and development of scientific rationale for the advancement of lead panels of candidate antibodies, all keeping the end goal in sight
- Supporting and collaborating with team members and external partners to meet project and program deliverables, which requires balancing multiple goals and objectives
- Organizing, documenting and analyzing large data sets to inform key project decisions. Communicating these analyses and results to key stakeholders, internally and externally
- Solving problems at a high level, removing hurdles and attending details of project progress
- Training, mentoring and supervising members of a dynamic team and providing scientific support and guidance to members from other functional teams
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are passionate about infectious diseases and want to make a difference through therapeutic candidate discovery
- You love working in a team and bringing out the best in the people around you
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You are self-motivated and drive yourself to consistently produce high quality, scientifically rigorous work
- You are an innovative thinker and take pride in tackling new challenges with your team and project partners, finding creative solutions to tough problems
Required qualifications and experience:
- Post-doc or PhD in relevant field, or MSc plus at least 5 years’ work experience in relevant field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in infectious disease research
- Experience in immunology and development of antibody-based assays
- Experience in cell biology and data analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively
- Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated mentorship & training
- Impeccable attention to detail
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21138 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.