AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated, independent scientific software engineer to support our expanding use of biomolecular simulation and machine learning in protein engineering applications. We need a creative scientist who can rapidly develop new tools, understand technical challenges, and efficiently communicate complex topics. This is an excellent opportunity to join a diverse and fast-paced biotechnology company at the forefront of drug discovery.
How you might spend your days:
- Evaluating, implementing, and comparing existing methods in large-scale biomolecular simulation for concrete protein engineering applications.
- Planning, developing, and evaluating next-generation methods combining machine learning and simulation methods for concrete protein engineering applications.
- Collaborating with data scientists and protein engineers to analyze high-throughput experimental data and convert this data to actionable engineering insights.
- Collaborating with colleagues across the company to determine appropriate in-silico methods to guide protein engineering applications and interpretation of experimental results.
- Training and mentoring more junior scientists
- Preparing and authoring materials to educate colleagues, and communicate strategies, key findings and implications
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are strongly self-motivated and work independently to identify project needs and follow that up with building and implementing solutions
- You have developed novel methods for in-silico biomolecular engineering, including structure based and/or machine learning guided protein design
- You have experience actively collaborating in the design and analysis of in-vitro biomolecular engineering applications
- You are excited about the opportunity to integrate computational tools and library-based screening to solve real-world drug discovery problems
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD or Masters degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Computational Chemistry, Computational Biology or related field and 3+ years of related experience.
- Strong fluency in any of Python, C++, and/or CUDA
- A grounding in modern data analysis methods and statistics
- Experience with software engineering best practices, including version control and collaborative software development
- Experience applying biomolecular simulation methods in collaboration with web-lab experimental evaluation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public presentation of complex data
- Experience with the Rosetta software suite protein sequence design applications
- Familiarity with modern deep learning methods for biomolecular structure prediction and design design, including applied experience with Tensorflow, PyTorch or related deep learning frameworks
- High-impact peer-reviewed publications in applied biomolecular engineering, machine learning, or protein engineering
- Working knowledge of antibody structure and function
- Experience scaling large-scale simulation in cloud-based environments such as AWS/Azure/GCP or Kubernetes
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21240 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.