We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a highly motivated and experienced accounts payable specialist to join our Finance team. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Working closely with your colleagues on the Finance team, the Tax Associate will be responsible for all tax related tasks and projects, as well as helping our company navigate the tax impacts of our business development considerations. You will also be involved with relevant aspects of our monthly and quarterly financial close process.
How you might spend your days:
- Supporting the tax team with full cycle of Canadian, US and International Corporate Income Tax compliance ranging from data gathering, analysis, and preparation, with an emphasis on Canadian tax compliance
- Preparing Deferred Tax accounting schedules
- Implementing transfer pricing arrangements
- Administering the company’s Canadian SR&ED analysis and filing (and equivalent programs globally)
- Owning domestic and international indirect tax filings (export, sales, franchise, etc)
- Assisting in GL management as it relates to tax documentation and preparation
- Assisting with technical research and provide recommendations on complex or significant tax issues
- Keeping current proactively with changes in domestic and international tax legislation impacting the company
- Supporting Corporate Development, Finance and Legal with ad-hoc tax related issues
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have an accounting designation and a minimum 5 years of tax compliance experience
- You have a broad range of tax knowledge, with several in depth focus areas and are comfortable navigating complex tax issues independently
- You are passionate about digging into other areas of taxation
- You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- You are flexible and thrive in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- You have an interest in the biotech industry and are curious to learn
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 20041 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.