We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a People Partner who understands and embodies our culture. Someone compassionate and kind, curious and open minded, someone who is trustworthy and who inspires trust. As our dynamic team is rapidly expanding, we’re looking for someone willing to grow with us, adapt, and support multiple facets of People & Culture (P&C).
How you might spend your days:
- Developing relationships and supporting assigned teams in areas including employee engagement, training & development, compensation & benefits, performance management - building and extending an engaged culture where problems are quickly addressed and growth and development are paramount
- Coaching and consulting with team members as questions and ideas arise about AbCellera’s policies and guidelines
- Providing support and guidance to employees on P&C-related matters and working with the P&C team to further support awesome communication and employee engagement
- Supporting and delivering company-wide projects such as the talent reviews, learning journeys, employee engagement initiatives, training initiatives, roll out/updates of new policies, etc.
- Working with managers during review processes to determine compensation increases in line with internal and external equity and budget
- Identifying gaps within the team(s) you support and proposing solutions that support overall P&C strategic plans
- Actively participating in P&C projects
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You put people first and have a passion for helping your colleagues flourish!
- You have 5+ years of experience in People & Culture, preferably in a People Partner or HR Generalist capacity
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certificate in Human Resources Management or related discipline, or have the equivalent combination of skills and experience - background in science or technology is a real asset
- You have the ability to work in a self-directed manner and exercise good judgement, are flexible, and demonstrate initiative
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
- You are diligent, organized and able to juggle multiple and sometimes competing priorities
- You have exquisite attention to detail
- You’re tactful, thoughtful, and a great communicator
- You want to learn about us, our technology, and our pipeline to explore how the People & Culture team can support the various needs of the company
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up – custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, and laboratory automation – revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists and physicists – all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to tailor our HR approach and help us get there.
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21073 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.