AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking an experienced Scientist to help drive R&D efforts in our innovative immune profiling team. This role is intended for a scientist with a strong background in immunology, cell biology, next-generation sequencing applications, and data analysis, who wants to understand how immune responses can be harnessed for drug discovery and health care. There is a universe of opportunities in the complex immune system, and we are looking for the right person to join our dynamic team of passionate scientists, engineers and software developers committed to solving the biggest problems in drug discovery.
How you might spend your days:
- Working with our dynamic team on the design, planning and execution of experiments and R&D strategies to profile immune repertoires from various species
- Liaising with our cell biology, sequencing, bioinformatics, software and engineering teams to support cross-functional research activities
- Collaborating with team members to scope projects, meet project deliverables and timelines
- Training and mentoring other team members
- Analyzing and presenting data to colleagues and partners
- Contributing to the evaluation of new technologies to improve and develop new processes
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You want to collaborate with innovators in a highly multidisciplinary environment, including cell and molecular scientists, engineers, bioinformaticians and data scientists, to tackle the biggest problems in drug discovery
- You have a strong background in immunology and immune repertoire profiling and sequencing
- You love working with people, are an excellent mentor and communicator and are comfortable managing the interests of diverse stakeholders
- You put teamwork first, and foster a collaborative, inclusive and friendly environment
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in immunology or MSc plus 5+ years of related industry or academic experience
- Demonstrated experience in advanced immune profiling, immunology, cell biology and data analysis
- Experience with mammalian tissue isolation and processing, cell culture, cell separation technologies, and cell-based assay development
- Mentorship experience and the desire to lead by example
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team
- Experience presenting complex data to audiences large and small, both internally and at scientific conferences
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21135 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.