AbCellera is a nimble, energetic, and quickly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems. AbCellera has made significant news as a leader in the development of antibody therapeutics to treat COVID-19. We won’t stop with this success though, and continue to partner with industry leaders to identify therapeutics for serious diseases.
We are seeking a highly motivated, independent Associate Research Scientist to generate data to answer key biological questions for the Translational Biology team. This scientist will help to build and test biological models and systems to increase confidence in the relevance of multiple targets so we can help our partners move faster and with less risk to the clinic. This lab-based position is a great opportunity to establish complex functional assays that will help identify lead antibodies for ultimate clinical development. Through close collaboration across the company the scientist will identify the best antibodies for the job. We need someone who has a passion for understanding how humans respond to infection and how to treat these diseases.
How you might spend your days:
- Running experiments to test biological hypotheses for a variety of targets across therapeutic areas
- Designing, running, and interpreting complex biological experiments to increase confidence in biological mechanisms for various partnered targets
- Collaborating with teams across the company to generate data and interpret them
- Training and mentoring more junior scientists
- Identifying and evaluating new technology to improve and invent new processes
- Contributing to better and better processes for data acquisition, analysis and interpretation
- Reporting findings to our teams and our collaborators
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are strongly self-motivated and work independently to identify project needs and follow that up with building and implementing solutions
- You can contribute to building data sets that help to predict the success of therapies for infectious disease by designing experiments that test the biological mechanisms of key targets. This effort ultimately helps our partners move faster and more successfully.
- You are excited about contributing to and building a team that works on complicated biological questions
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, or other relevant fields or MSc with 5+ years in an academic or industry wet lab environment
- Demonstrated understanding of assay development of complex functional assays, including use of primary cells
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21173 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.