At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up. Our developers are designing cutting-edge software that revolutionizes how scientists explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do this. It’s life-changing research and you could be a part of it. We’re the first in our field to be providing tools like these, which means you’ll be solving new problems every day. You will be helping us develop unique software products that make us leaders in the tech industry. And, most importantly, your work will contribute to bringing better therapeutics to patients.
We need someone like you to help create software tools that allow our scientists to capture, store, and draw insights from complex biological data. If you don’t have a biology background - fear not - we’ll get you up to speed. This is a greenfield project so creativity and fresh ideas aren’t just encouraged - they’re required!
How you might spend your days:
- Develop new API endpoints
- Write front end code for UIs that allow non-technical users to intuitively interact with data
- Coordinate changes to the database schema
- Collaborate with (non-technical) end users to produce a winning design
- Test what you’ve implemented - ideally with automated tests!
Our current tech stack:
- Backend powered by Django (3.1) on Python 3.7
- HTML5 with Bootstrap 4 (we’re transitioning to modern frontend framework shortly)
- PostgreSQL database
We’d love to hear from you if:
- At least 5 years’ experience delivering high quality software
- Comprehensive experience with Python
- Experience with a modern web framework (Frontend and Backend)
- Experience with relational databases and ORMs
- Proficient with version control (we use git)
- Experience practising good programming hygiene (delivering clean, reusable, documented, and tested code that follows best practices)
- Confidence communicating in English
- A team player with a can-do attitude who’ll ensure everyone’s success
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- A background in biology, immunology or pharmaceutical science
- A great personality and a good sense of humour
The Portal Team’s Values:
- We believe in the principles of the Agile Manifesto, not necessarily in all of its implementations.
- Every decision should be weighed against providing maximum value to our users. If we're not sure how to provide maximum value, we ask.
- We start small and then iterate towards value. This applies both to our software, and our processes.
- No dogma. Every decision is context dependent. There is no one best approach or tool for all scenarios.
The Portal Team’s Culture:
- We work together. We win together. A healthy and committed team will consistently and sustainably outperform any individual contributor.
- We are focused on people. Our colleagues are all held in high esteem. Every interaction needs to reflect that - especially when we have disagreements.
- We are open and forthcoming about our concerns. It's not ok to hold back information; even worse to hold a grudge.
Perks of the job:
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- And of course, the opportunity to make a real difference, working on challenging problems that matter
Introduce yourself by heading to our website to submit your application. Remember to refer to Job ID 21236 in your cover letter. We’ll be in touch if you’re selected for an interview.