Our Business Development team is growing. As part of a rapidly expanding business, we’re looking for an outstanding individual who can help us support the expansion of our business development activities. The Business Development Associate will have a key role in supporting business development activities by acting as an outward face of AbCellera and working closely on various aspects of business development for our partnership business. As part of a leading and highly innovative company, successful candidates will report to the Head of Business Development and will work closely with various teams.
How you might spend your days:
- Supporting Business Development activities, including managing inbound requests, lead generation, performing company pitches, attending conferences and generating/negotiating term sheets
- Providing market research support to aid with partner prospecting, competitive benchmarking and opportunity assessment
- Participating in discussions with the scientific and business development teams to identify key areas of growth for the company
- Collaborating with the Communications and Marketing team to plan, generate, and disseminate information, either internally or externally
- Generating materials for internal and external communications in relation to BD activities
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a strong scientific background, preferably MSc or higher in biology, biochemistry, immunology and/or are familiar with biologics. An MBA or advanced business degree is desirable
- You have previous sales, marketing and/or market research experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- You are interested in the trends and cycles of the biotech industry and understand how innovative technologies can drive value for our business
- You appreciate value drivers with different business models (equity, upfront payments, royalty, licensing, software models)
- You are able to synthesize complex information and communicate effectively, using oral presentations and by generating the required materials
- You are genuinely curious, with an interest in discussing innovative ideas in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment
- You work well with Microsoft, Google and Adobe office suites
Offers & benefits:
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- And of course, the opportunity to make a difference, working on problems that matter
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21020 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.