Our Business Development team is growing. As part of a rapidly expanding business, we’re looking for an outstanding individual who can help us support the expansion of our business development activities. The Business Development Investment Analyst will have a key role in supporting business development activities through financial modeling, industry reviews and deal analysis and working in closely on various aspects of business developments for our partnership business. As part of a leading and highly innovative company, successful candidates will report to the Head of Business Partnering and will work closely with various teams.
How you might spend your days:
- Developing robust financial models, market insights and analyses to inform optimal deal structuring
- Evaluating potential partnering opportunities by developing pro forma projections tied to the rationale and business case for deals
- Continually conducting reviews of existing investments and portfolio analyses
- Developing presentation materials to effectively communicate analysis
- Collaborating with the BD team on project management reporting
- Assisting with the evaluation of existing partnerships
- Analyzing and tracking trends in deals and deal structures within the antibody discovery space
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a Masters of Business Administration or Bachelor of Business Administration with a minor in Science, with a preference for previous experience in an investment or company setting, ideally in the health sciences sector
- You have strong financial modelling, analytical, and organizational skills as well as business valuation experience
- You have an understanding of the science and regulatory framework for pharmaceutical medicine development
- You are interested in the trends and cycles of the biotech industry
- You love innovation and understand how technology can drive value for our business
- You appreciate value drivers with different business models (equity, upfront payments, royalty, licensing, software models)
- You are able to synthesize complex information and communicate effectively
- You are resourceful, a self-starter with high integrity, and have the ability to work effectively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- You are a collaborative team member and love working across cross-functional teams
- You are genuinely curious, with an interest in discussing innovative ideas in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- You work well with Microsoft, Google and Adobe office suites
Offers & benefits:
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- And of course, the opportunity to make a difference, working on problems that matter
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21026 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.