AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with demonstrated hands-on laboratory experience relevant to the characterization of therapeutic protein binding interactions, to join our multi-disciplinary team. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and self-directed scientist, a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s fastest growing biotechs and to contribute to our cutting-edge research driving the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Designing, planning and executing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with your teammates
- Developing high throughput workflows for screening antibody binding kinetics, affinity, or epitope analysis
- Conducting detailed characterization of protein binding interactions and mechanism of action using surface plasmon resonance (SPR) and orthogonal biophysical techniques
- Collaborating with teammates to solve problems, analyze, interpret and communicate data
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are a creative problem solver and fast learner who believes in team work to tackle the most challenging scientific problems
- You are self-motivated and have the initiative and drive to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You think critically, are curious and want to explore new technologies to improve the throughput and depth of characterizing therapeutic protein binding interactions
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Chemistry, or Structural biology or MSc degree with an additional 5+ years experience
- A deep understanding of the use of surface plasmon resonance (SPR) or other biosensor techniques for characterizing the kinetics and affinity of antibody or other protein interactions is required
- Experience with characterization of binding interactions using biolayer interferometry (BLI), isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC), enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), kinetic exclusion assay (KinExA), would be an advantage
- Experience using analytical techniques such as HPLC, light scattering or mass spectrometry to aid in the interpretation of binding data is preferred
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team
- Ability to analyze large data sets and interpret and communicate data in the context of broader project objectives
- Impeccable attention to detail with excellent documentation and organizational skills
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21152 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.