AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a motivated and dynamic Data Quality Analyst to join our Data Management team, where they will work closely with a highly proficient team of lab scientists, data scientists, and software developers to maintain high Data Quality (DQ) levels through extensive data quality rules implementation, wrangling and testing activities, and data analysis. The role will focus on understanding data lifecycle and data transformation layers within various data pipelines and advancing data quality best practices throughout the company. Contributions by the successful candidate will help build automated data quality management solutions that meet the needs of a rapidly growing and innovative company today and in the future. The successful candidate will be at ease with ambiguity and change, embracing the opportunities and challenges that a quickly evolving and dynamic work environment presents.
How you might spend your days:
- Developing, operationalizing, and maintaining automated data profiling and DQ processes.
- Ensuring DQ rules are accurately built using validation tools (e.g. Informatica Data Quality, Talend, or other custom-built scripts) or custom scripts; developing in-depth understanding of source systems and EDW data structures to further define rules.
- Tracking, investigating, and analyzing the root cause of DQ issues, ensuring DQ issues and remediation plans are communicated to all Data Stewards.
- Engaging with and supporting the Data Stewards and other internal stakeholders, as required, to correct and/or remediate DQ issues in systems of record based on business priorities.
- Engaging Data Stewards and other internal stakeholders to develop and implement data-wrangling scripts, DQ tests, DQ reports and identify defects using DQ rules based on prescribed DQ dimensions.
- Evaluating the impact of system performance and design on DQ.
- Collaborating with Data Engineers and Database Administrators to improve data collection and storage processes.
- Documenting processes and maintaining data records.
- Keeping abreast of developments and trends in data quality analysis
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative areas such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in data quality management, data analysis and ETL procedures with a strong understanding of data quality monitoring procedures
- Hands-on experience writing complex SQL queries, including extensive experience querying large, complex datasets
- Demonstrated knowledge of Data Management and Data Governance principles and practices.
- Hands-on experience writing REST APIs
- Experience in one or more programming languages, preferably Python.
- Familiarity with data visualization software package such as Power BI
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.The ability to work closely with stakeholders to determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent documentation, organization, and communication skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and presentations.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Competency in Google Workspace applications (Sheets, Docs, Drive, etc.).
- Familiarity with native AWS technologies for data and analytics such as Redshift Spectrum, Athena, S3, Lambda, Glue, EMR, Kinesis, SageMaker, etc. or equivalent relevant technologies (e.g. Snowflake, Alteryx, Matillion, Boomi, etc.)
- Experience utilizing Data Quality tools such as Talend, Informatica Data Quality, etc.
- Knowledge of data sourcing from NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with or previous experience in the biotechnology industry
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research, and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21234 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.