Working at the interface of computation, engineering, and biology, AbCellera is redefining the process of how drugs are discovered. Our full-stack AI-powered drug discovery platform searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that our partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
Our team includes scientists, engineers, software developers, data scientists and business professionals working on drug discovery programs with leading biotechnology companies, global health organizations, and many of the top 10 biopharmaceutical companies. We partner with drug developers of all sizes to empower them to move more quickly, reduce cost, and tackle some of the toughest problems in antibody discovery. The ultimate goal is to help bring new therapies to patients faster, and our work spans many diseases including oncology, inflammation, cardiovascular disease, pain, neurodegeneration, and more. Last year, AbCellera was named to Fierce Biotech’s Fierce 15 list, and received three Fast Company awards, including the Most Innovative Team of the Year for 2020.
We’re seeking a Science Writer to join our agile Communications team in crafting narratives about what we do, how we do it, and why it is important. You will work side-by-side with our internal scientific, engineering, and business teams to cut through the jargon and create content that is clear, compelling, and insightful. You will use your love of language and learning to weave meaningful stories that take the shape of presentations, manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals, web copy, infographics, and much, much more.
How you might spend your days:
- Collaborating closely with internal teams to create and deliver content plans
- Transforming ideas into understanding by writing and editing presentations, fact sheets, scientific manuscripts, program reports, case studies and other technical collateral
- Adapting scientific and technical material into web content, social media posts, blogs, and other digital content
- Collecting and analyzing scientific data
- Developing content management processes that foster efficiency and continuous innovation
We'd love to hear from you if :
- You have 5 -7 years’ related work experience as a science communicator
- College or university degree in life science, marketing, advertising, or journalism
- You have experience publishing scientific manuscripts
- You are meticulous, organized, and have experience managing complex projects across cross-functional teams
- You are self-motivated and curious to learn about new scientific concepts
- You thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- You have experience working with the Microsoft and Google office suites, data analytics tools, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Expertise in immunology or protein engineering considered a bonus
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput tech stack and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture, and organize our efforts along the way.