AbCellera is an energetic, rapidly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a scientist or engineer with experience developing instrumentation and systems for high-throughput biological analysis. In this role, you will contribute to R&D aimed at advancing our industry-leading antibody discovery platform. This role offers the exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of technologies for therapeutic antibody discovery, while working in one of Canada’s top biotech companies. We are a multidisciplinary team that believes that through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support, together we can solve the biggest challenges in drug discovery. If you’re highly motivated, self-directed, and an innovative ‘outside-the-box’ thinker who thrives working and collaborating across multiple disciplines, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Designing and prototyping improvements to our core single-cell antibody discovery platform that expand its capabilities and throughput. This may involve optimization of microfluidic devices, development of single-cell assay and sequencing protocols, and enhancement of our imaging and image processing methods
- Examination of our antibody discovery process to identify opportunities for systematic improvement
- Working with cross-functional teams that include cell and molecular biologists, engineers, and data scientists
- Evaluating the latest methods and technologies for their potential integration into our platform
- Designing, planning and executing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with teammates
- Analyzing and presenting data to colleagues and key stakeholders
- Training, mentoring and supervising members of a dynamic team
Required qualifications and experience:
- PhD or MSc plus at least 5 years work experience in Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Biophysics, and/or relevant field
- Proven experience developing instrumentation/systems for biological analysis
- Functional knowledge in some or all of the following disciplines: single-cell analysis, microfluidics, optics/microscopy, flow cytometry, biophysics, next-gen sequencing
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21134 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.