We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a highly-motivated and experienced Finance Analyst to join our Finance team. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
We are seeking a Finance Analyst to join our growing FP&A team. Working closely with your colleagues on the Finance & Project Management teams, you will be primarily responsible for developing reports, data analysis and making recommendations to enable data driven financial decision making as driving our project budgeting and forecasting activities.
How you might spend your days:
- Supporting our short and long term budgeting and forecasting processes while proactively improving the process as needed. Support teams and project leads to manage budgets through report generation, independent analysis, providing insights and determining drivers of spend. Using experience to guide teams through the forecasting process.
- Setting up and managing processes for smooth monthly reporting to both internal teams and external funders.
- Monitoring progress against projects - identify, investigate and report on variances to budget and working with project management to identify risks to achieving deliverables.
- Identifying long term risks or opportunities to the latest forecast, escalate to the Finance leadership team. Ability to pivot on materiality depending on audience key.
- Building and improving on data workflows, governance and forecasting/valuation models for a variety of applications across the business. Investigating and modelling impacts of new initiatives on consolidated Financial Statements under US GAAP.
- Helping shape team, project & organization KPIs, determine links to long term financial forecasts and value creation. Set up & own processes for monitoring & forecasting.
- Generating claims and grant reporting for external funders
- Performing ad-hoc analysis and modelling to support decision making
- Providing general support to the wider finance team as needed
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a similar role and a post-secondary degree in a relevant field or have/are near to completing a related professional designation (CPA, CFA, ACCA)
- Have the ability to navigate ambiguity, manage multiple assignments simultaneously, and bring clarity and structure
- Can demonstrate stand out abilities in communicating financial information to audiences from non-financial backgrounds
- Have advanced excel skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Are a self starter with proven experience developing financial reporting processes and an ability to work independently
- Are flexible and thrive in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Have experience in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical sector would be an asset
- Have experience working in a publicly traded company, and/or a multi-currency, multi-entity environment is an asset
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to JD 21043 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.