AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that our partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a Communications Coordinator to connect with our expanding, multidisciplinary team and support internal communications. Joining the People & Culture team, our ideal candidate is supremely organized, yet creative. Both analytical and innovative. You see possibilities, not obstacles. You want to assist with developing outstanding materials and growing intuitive channels that provide invaluable support for AbCellerites to learn and develop. You have a particular interest in scientific communications.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about contributing to AbCellera’s continued growth, and who thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. The opportunity at AbCellera to go beyond the limits of what is considered possible is exciting. Join us!
How you might spend your days:
- Using your love of writing to draft clear and engaging content for various internal communication mediums, including our intranet, regular bulletins, Slack and other tools to support outstanding communication
- Working as a compelling storyteller who can identify both the most fascinating scientific and human aspects of our incredible AbCellerites and the work they do
- Helping our entire team learn more about our organizational initiatives and projects, our learning opportunities, our successes, and our people
- Providing support in the planning and organizing of AbCellera events to bring them to life virtually and in-person, including conferences, retreats, and community events
- Acting as a coordinator to propel People and Culture projects forward, while calmly juggling multiple priorities
- Partnering with the Marketing & Communications team to share exciting and relevant information with AbCellerites in a timely manner and via the most appropriate channel/s
- Supporting the onboarding and orientation of new team members by assisting in drafting presentation, print, and digital content to welcome new employees and help them launch their journeys as AbCellerites
- Gathering data to craft insightful reports to analyse and evaluate key projects and launches
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 2 years communication experience (a degree in a STEM-related field is an asset)
- What you write and say matters and you bring a spirit of creativity
- You are diligent, organized, and have exquisite attention to detail
- You’re tactful, thoughtful, and a great communicator
- Technology is an asset in your ability to produce results (videography, editing or design skills are a bonus)
- You take pride in delivering what you say you will deliver, and invite feedback along the way
- You are personable and able to contribute to a fast-moving and agile team
- You are adaptable, love to solve problems and have a can-do attitude
- You bring an ability to work in an environment of ambiguity and innovation
- You want to learn about us and our technology and to explore how the People & Culture team can support the various and changing needs of AbCellerites
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Outstanding opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse team of scientists, engineers, software developers, data scientists and business professionals - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. Last year, AbCellera was named to Fierce Biotech’s Fierce 15 list, and received three Fast Company awards, including the Most Innovative Team of the Year for 2020 and Best Workplace for Innovators.
We’re a growing company with a high-throughput tech stack and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture, and organize our efforts along the way.