AbCellera is a dedicated group of 275+ people based in the heart of beautiful Vancouver and we’re growing quickly! Recently featured as Fast Company’s Innovative Team of the Year, AbCellera offers a unique interdisciplinary work environment that fosters creativity and collaboration on tough problems like discovering a treatment COVID-19. You’ll join a team of software developers, machine learning engineers, data scientists, mechanical engineers, biochemists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
AbCellera’s Data Visualization team creates cutting-edge software that enables our scientists to gain insights into the large, complex datasets we generate in-house. What kind of data, you ask? Data describing thousands of therapeutic possibilities for any given disease. All we have to do is mine this data to find the therapeutics with the greatest potential.
You will be a Senior developer of the award-winning CeliumTM, AbCellera’s antibody data visualization software. Just this year, CeliumTM was named the #1 innovation of 2020 by The Scientist Magazine, and we want people like you to innovate with us! With your technical expertise, you will help us design and develop robust, long-term software solutions to challenging data visualization problems. Ultimately, your work will enable scientists to dig deeper into therapeutic datasets and choose the very best antibodies to move forward into therapeutic development.
How you might spend your days:
- Building industry-leading data visualization web applications, with a focus on the front-end
- Guiding and reviewing the high-level architecture and infrastructure decisions of the team
- Working with other teams to design web APIs that enable communication with other teams and technologies
- Leading the development of technically demanding features
- Seeking opportunities to advance our productivity and quality across the team by identifying better practices and evaluating new technologies
- Mentoring and supporting team members in their professional growth
Our current tech stack:
- On the front-end we use Angular 11 and Sass, along with libraries such as Redux and d3.js. Our lightweight backend is built with Node.js, Express.js and PostgreSQL. We use Docker for containerized development and deployment, with a Jenkins CI pipeline targeting AWS. For testing we use Cypress and Testing Library. We’re committed to code quality, and fully leverage TypeScript, ESLint and Prettier.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- 10+ years of industry experience in software development, with a focus on web development
- A seasoned software developer who is motivated to build innovative products, maintain a clean codebase, and collaborate with an awesome team
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent
- Experience leading cross-team software development
- Experience delivering quality code across the full technical stack
- Experience with API design
- Proficiency modelling complex, interrelated data structures
- A passion for solving challenging problems with elegant, simple, maintainable and extensible solutions
- Enviable software design practices: delivery of clean, reusable, documented, tested and version-controlled code
- Experience profiling and tuning the performance of web applications
- Excellent communication skills both with technical and non-technical colleagues
Bonus qualifications, but not required:
- Did you take 3+ courses in Biology at the university level, or equivalent work experience? Or maybe you excelled in science at school? We’d love to know.
Offers & Benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
Introduce yourself by heading to our website to submit your application. Remember to refer to Job ID 21281 in your cover letter. We’ll be in touch if you’re selected for an interview.