AbCellera is a nimble, energetic, and quickly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems. AbCellera has made significant news as a leader in the development of antibody therapeutics to treat COVID-19. We won’t stop with this success though, and continue to partner with industry leaders to identify therapeutics for serious diseases.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Junior Security Administrator to join our IT team. If you are an analytical guru with experience in conducting security monitoring and analysis of events to ensure threats are identified and actioned we would like to talk to you. The successful candidate will be at ease with ambiguity and change, embracing the opportunities and challenges that a quickly evolving and dynamic work environment presents.
How you might spend your days:
- Analyzing metrics, identifying trends and executing processes and strategies to address any risks
- Preparing system reports to support security reviews
- Supporting ongoing employee cybersecurity training
- Creating and maintaining documentation around security systems and processes
- Creating and implementing best practice system security measures
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Graduated from an InfoSec program or have equivalent experience
- Have 1+ years’ related work experience
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Show initiative and are proactive about resolving issues
- Thrive in a team-based environment, building solutions that meet the specific needs of a diverse team
- Have excellent documentation and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Are accountable, reliable, punctual, and resilient, with an unwavering work ethic
- Have a good understanding of different attack vectors, malware categories and common vulnerabilities in systems and networks.
In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Have experience using vulnerability assessment tools and network monitoring tools
- Be familiar with patterns and indicators of compromised systems
- Understand best practices to harden systems and secure networks
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21053 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.