AbCellera is a nimble, energetic, and quickly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems. As excellence and innovation continues to propel our expansion, and with nearly 300 AbCellerites and growing, we’re attracting talent across the globe to join our Vancouver headquarters.
As AbCellera’s Relocation Specialist you will be the point of contact for new hires and existing AbCellerites when it comes to everything related to relocation and immigration. You will get to know new hires and their families to develop tailored relocation experiences that will continue beyond their arrival in Vancouver. This will include everything from facilitating work permit applications to helping new AbCellerites find the right place to live, and getting oriented to the beautiful city AbCellera calls home. You will also be responsible for creating and managing the process to ensure current AbCellerites maintain active work permits on their journeys with us.
How you might spend your days:
- Establishing a relationship with new hires during the final stages of the recruitment process as a subject matter expert throughout relocation, onboarding and integration
- Liaising with immigration counsel to coordinate and facilitate obtention of work permits, permanent residency and citizenship in a timely manner for existing AbCellerites, new hires and their families
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory and/or legal immigration requirements for prospective and current AbCellerites
- Being the Vancouver ambassador for new hires and providing resources and knowledge to orient candidates in the city
- Researching, creating and managing relationships with relevant vendors and third-party suppliers that offer services to facilitate the transition for AbCellerites relocating to Vancouver
- Researching global best practices and compiling competitive intelligence to create a world-class relocation framework
- Partnering with recruiters to support candidates through education on relocation in Vancouver, including housing, cost of living, health benefits, and other inquiries
- Providing one-on-one support to integrate new Vancouverites into the community and AbCellera
- Providing global mobility support for prospective and current AbCellerites relocating to one of our foreign subsidiaries outside of Canada
- Collaborating with your peers on the People & Culture team to coordinate a seamless onboarding experience for new AbCellerites
We’d like to hear from you if you have:
- A Bachelor degree and a minimum of five (5) years of progressive professional experience in relevant positions related to human resources, global mobility, immigration, corporate relocation and/or real estate.
- A passion to work with people from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds
- A team player, with a demonstrated ability to bridge professional and personal, with a mindset of putting people first
- Experience with or knowledge of Canadian immigration and/or taxation
- Repeatedly proven to be an innovator and are ready to help develop new approaches and programs to support talent mobility and integration
- Experience in the administration, coordination and facilitation of complex processes
- Are ultra organized with high attention to detail
- Experience managing relationships with third-party public and private sector vendors and organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication, documentation and presentation skills
- (S)GMS-T,(S)CRP,(S)GMS certifications (this is an asset but not required)
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse team of scientists, engineers, software developers, data scientists and business professionals - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. Last year, AbCellera was named to Fierce Biotech’s Fierce 15 list, and received three Fast Company awards, including the Most Innovative Team of the Year for 2020 and Best Workplace for Innovators.
We’re a growing company with a high-throughput tech stack and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture, and organize our efforts along the way.
AbCellera is a technology company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. AbCellera partners with drug developers of all sizes, from large pharmaceutical to small biotechnology companies, empowering them to move quickly, reduce costs, and tackle the toughest problems in drug development.