AbCellera is a nimble, energetic, and quickly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems. As excellence and innovation continues to propel our expansion, and with nearly 300 AbCellerites and growing, we’re attracting talent across the globe to join our Vancouver headquarters.
As AbCellera’s Relocation & Immigration Specialist you will be the point of contact for new hires and existing AbCellerites when it comes to everything related to relocation and immigration. You will get to know new hires and their families to develop tailored relocation experiences that will continue beyond their arrival in Vancouver. This will include everything from applying for work permits, helping new AbCellerites find the right place to live, and getting oriented to the beautiful city AbCellera calls home. You will also be responsible for ensuring that current AbCellerites maintain active work permits on their journeys with us.
How you might spend your days:
- Establishing a relationship with new hires during the final stages of the recruitment process as a subject matter expert throughout relocation, onboarding and integration
- Liaising with immigration counsel to coordinate and facilitate obtention of work permits, permanent residency and citizenship in a timely manner for existing AbCellerites, new hires and their families
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory and/or legal immigration requirements for prospective and current AbCellerites
- Being the Vancouver ambassador for new hires and providing resources and knowledge to orient candidates in the city
- Researching, creating and managing relationships with relevant vendors and third-party suppliers that offer services to facilitate the transition for AbCellerites relocating to Vancouver
- Researching global best practices and compiling competitive intelligence to create a world-class relocation framework
- Partnering with recruiters to support candidates through education on relocation in Vancouver, including housing, cost of living, health benefits, and other inquiries
- Providing one-on-one support to integrate new Vancouverites into the community and AbCellera
- Providing global mobility support for prospective and current AbCellerites relocating to one of our foreign subsidiaries outside of Canada
- Collaborating with your peers on the People & Culture team to coordinate a seamless onboarding experience for new AbCellerites
We’d like to hear from you if you have:
- A Bachelor degree and a minimum of five (5) years of progressive professional experience in relevant positions related to human resources, global mobility, immigration, corporate relocation and/or real estate.
- A passion to work with people from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds
- A team player, with a demonstrated ability to bridge professional and personal, with a mindset of putting people first
- Experience with or knowledge of Canadian immigration and/or taxation
- Repeatedly proven to be an innovator and are ready to help develop new approaches and programs to support talent mobility and integration
- Experience in the administration, coordination and facilitation of complex processes
- Are ultra organized with high attention to detail
- Experience managing relationships with third-party public and private sector vendors and organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication, documentation and presentation skills
- (S)GMS-T,(S)CRP,(S)GMS certifications (this is an asset but not required)