We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a Logistics Assistant, Shipping & Receiving to join our lab management team. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and you take pride in helping others, we’d love to hear from you.
AbCellera has a growing number of worldwide collaborations with many of the best companies in the industry. To support our rapid growth, we are seeking a Logistics Assistant with a keen eye for detail to ensure all incoming and outgoing shipments reach their destination in a timely, secure manner. You will be working with our growing team to help ship, receive, and track shipments. Furthermore, you will assist with maintaining inventories of consumables and reagents and informing colleagues of received goods.
How you might spend your days:
- Assisting our team with the shipping and receiving of biological specimens and other packages in proper compliance with approved procedures
- Following up with lab users, custom brokers, or shipping companies regarding any delivery/shipment issues in a timely manner
- Receiving incoming shipments from various vendors, checking and signing delivery slips and assessing shipment condition
- Keeping inventories organized and distributing materials to central storage locations
- Receiving and updating inventories in a procurement/inventory management system
- Maintaining our shipping area to ensure it’s secure and in working order and replenishing shipping supplies as needed
- Transporting materials between various buildings
- Supporting the team whenever spare hands are needed
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a high school diploma, or equivalent with at least two years of experience in a related field or you have a post secondary diploma or certificate in a related field
- You have a class 5 driver's license or the ability to obtain one
- You enjoy working in a collaborative work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
- You are friendly and personable with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You show initiative and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- You have excellent documentation and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- You can successfully juggle multiple tasks and have outstanding time management skills
- You are accountable, reliable, punctual, and resilient, with an unwavering work ethic
- You are eager to solve problems both big and small
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21063 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.