AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with demonstrated hands-on laboratory experience relevant to the characterization of therapeutic protein binding interactions, to join our multidisciplinary team.
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and self-directed scientist, a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most innovative biotech companies and to contribute to our cutting-edge research on antibody engineering, advanced mammalian cell systems, and molecular research supporting the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Providing mentorship & leadership in the characterization of antibodies and other protein binding interactions, including designing, planning and executing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with teammates
- Developing high throughput workflows for screening antibody binding kinetics and affinity
- Conducting high throughput and detailed characterization of protein binding interactions and mechanism of action
- Solving problems at a high level
- Liaising with partners and communicating project updates and deliverables
- Developing and implementing standard operating procedures
- Organizing, supporting, and collaborating with team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are a creative problem solver and fast learner who believes in team work to tackle the most challenging scientific problems
- You are self-motivated and have the initiative and drive to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You think critically, are curious and want to explore new technologies to improve the throughput and depth of characterizing and understanding protein binding interactions
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Structural Biology or related field with an additional 8+ years of industrial or postdoctoral experience
- Strong expertise in biologics binding characterization, including deep understanding of binding kinetics using SPR and other orthogonal methods (BLI, ITC, ELISA, kinexa, or related assays), is required
- Broad experience with biophysical methods such as UPLC, DLS SEC-MALLS, thermal stability or mass spectrometry would be preferred
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team
- Experience with the use of automation and liquid handlers would be an asset
- Ability to analyze large data sets and interpret and communicate data in the context of broader project objectives
- Excellent documentation, organizational and communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
What we offer
A generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our headquarters are nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse team of scientists, engineers, software developers, data scientists and business professionals - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. Last year, AbCellera was named to Fierce Biotech’s Fierce 15 list, and received three Fast Company awards, including the Most Innovative Team of the Year for 2020 and Best Workplace for Innovators.
We’re a growing company with a high-throughput tech stack and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture, and organize our efforts along the way.
AbCellera is a technology company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. AbCellera partners with drug developers of all sizes, from large pharmaceutical to small biotechnology companies, empowering them to move quickly, reduce costs, and tackle the toughest problems in drug development.