AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a highly motivated Laboratory Data Management Systems Specialist to lead the maintenance and continued development of a suite of applications and software supporting preclinical research and development activities here at AbCellera.
As a member of a highly collaborative team, this position will partner with diverse R&D stakeholders at every stage of the research and development pipeline. The position will play a key role in configuring AbCellera’s laboratory data management system to support efficient data management and traceability as well as accurate information capture from scientific workflows. The successful candidate will lead, coordinate, and take on the responsibility of deployment, testing, and documentation of system changes and work closely with scientists and developers to outline the current research and develop custom workflows. The position requires experience working with laboratory data management systems and data processing, in addition to interpersonal effectiveness required to drive a smooth implementation. This position will work closely with other core R&D functions at AbCellera including Laboratory Automation, IT, Data Governance, Software Development, and Bioinformatics to provide researchers with a world-class R&D platform.
How you might spend your days:
- Collaborating with diverse stakeholders to ensure data management systems’ configurations meet all scientific, business, and operational requirements.
- Managing user roles, access, privileges, project, schemas, and other platform related requirements, in conjunction with the Data Governance Office.
- Engaging Data Stewards and other internal stakeholders to identify data quality issues and defects in data capture processes and work with development teams to implement, test, and deploy remedial solutions.
- Contributing in all areas of system implementation including but not limited to vendor interaction, system compatibility, hardware/software integrations, change control, testing, deployment, and training.
- Working with project teams to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements such as FDA, CAP, CLIA, as well as internal policies and processes.
- Acting as a champion in best practices for software configuration, documentation, account management, and upkeep; helping to ensure overall data integrity.
- Following up on new feature/change requests, and as needed, communicating with technical stakeholders and third-party vendors for technical resolutions.
- Authoring and maintaining training materials, change management records, configuration specifications, validation protocols, and reports.
- Ensuring cohesive implementation and data integrity across laboratory data management systems.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- B.Sc. degree in life sciences, engineering, computer science or other technical fields.
- 3+ years relevant work experience. This experience may involve software implementation/administration, project management, and/or laboratory operations.
- Experience working in biotechnology laboratories.
- Experience with laboratory data management systems (e.g., ELNs, registries, LIMS, LIS).
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness, able to build trust and drive adoption of new software platforms.
- Experience with programming languages like python and SQL. Automation API development experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with regulatory environments and requirements (e.g. GxP, 21 CFR Part 11) is a plus.
- Familiarity with the Benchling platform is highly desirable.
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.