AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with a stellar team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
As part of a rapidly expanding business, we’re looking for an experienced candidate to grow and scale our strategic business development (BD) marketing function. The Director of Strategic Marketing will be responsible for our global BD messaging and marketing strategy including, market segmentation and targeting, partner-focused marketing materials, and campaigns and events.
The role is highly collaborative in nature and will require that you work cross functionally, both externally and internally with AbCellera’s Business Development, Communications, R&D, Project Management and Alliance Management teams to identify and message key value drivers for the platform.
How you might spend your days:
- Planning the BD marketing roadmap and implementing the strategy to reach partners who value access to the best antibody discovery technologies
- Developing messaging that clearly articulates the power of AbCellera’s technology stack to enable therapeutic antibody discovery
- Delivering assets and collateral materials that empower the Business Development team to engage effectively with partners
- Delivering on high-impact marketing strategies designed to elevate the look, feel and approach of the Business Development team
- Identifying opportunities for increasing presence in the industry, participating in content development and ensuring presenters are well prepared
- Developing exceptional relationships with internal teams, including Corporate Communications, to ensure alignment of key messaging across the organization for maximum impact
- Working closely with the Alliance Management and R&D teams to capture and understand our partner’s priorities and use the information to guide strategy
- Remaining current on our continuously expanding R&D capabilities and ensuring that messaging captures the latest innovation and technologies
- Conducting relevant market research activities including primary market research with the appropriate audience to understand the industry, prospective partner segments, market trends and competitive landscape
- Managing BD marketing operations including oversight of the BD marketing budget and professional development of team members
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Are a highly motivated team-player, you thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, you want to learn and grow with us
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills, will be resourceful, motivated, decisive and proactive and will have a proven track record in strategic marketing and/or related functions
- Have 8+ years of experience and a proven record in business development marketing and/or strategic marketing (or similar function) within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Enjoy identifying, articulating, and messaging key value propositions for platforms and technologies; strategic and/or BD marketing experience with a platform company would be a big plus
- Have a solid scientific background with a general knowledge of antibody/biologic therapeutics; a MSc or higher in biology, biochemistry, immunology, or similar field is a plus
- Have a solid understanding and connection with the drug development industry, including industry trends, key players, and scientific advancements
- Have demonstrated success in executing high-impact strategic marketing projects
- Have experience with digital marketing, CRM, and marketing operations - that is a plus
- Have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team
Offers & benefits:
- A competitive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- And of course, the opportunity to make a difference, working on projects that matter
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.