AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with a stellar team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. Being part of a leading company in biologics with partnerships across the entire biopharma ecosystem, the Head of Alliance Management will be a high impact, high visibility leadership role.
As the key leader within our newly created Alliance Management function you will have the exciting opportunity to build out the team from the ground up. The role is highly collaborative in nature and will require that you work cross functionally with both our external partners and our internal R&D, Business Development, Project Management and Finance teams. We are seeking an AM leader with a proven track record who has experience building out and leading highly effective teams.
We’d love to hear from you if you enjoy building, organizing and thriving in incredible team-environments, excel in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, you want to learn and grow with us.
How you might spend your days:
- Designing and leading the Alliance Management framework and function within AbCellera, including hiring and developing an exceptional Alliance Management team
- Developing deep and lasting relationships with our partners, ensuring clarity in roles, responsibilities and obligations towards our common goals
- Organizing and leading successful collaboration governance committees and teams both internally and externally, valuing transparency and collaboration
- Monitoring progress and making adjustments as needed with partners to maximize the speed and probability of success of each program and partnership
- Interfacing with multiple teams to ensure a consistent understanding of project governance and status, and alignment on risks, opportunities and the project plan
- Working with our partners to set the direction, establish mutual understanding and potential expand our collaboration agreements, including key activities, timelines and responsibilities
- Partnering with our Finance team to ensure accurate forecasting of financial milestones
- Partnering with our Corporate Communications and Investor Relations team for internal and external messaging related to programs and timing of public disclosures
- Partnering with legal and senior management to effectively resolve alliance contract issues
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have an advanced degree (MBA, MSc, or PhD) with a strong grasp of scientific language and concepts
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills, will be resourceful, motivated, decisive and proactive and will be a skilled relationship manager.
- You have at least 8-10 years of alliance management and/or related experience in R&D and commercial alliances; additional experience in R&D, business development, project management, sales, or marketing is an asset
- You have experience leading AM teams and functions
- You have a proven track record of managing significant projects that are material to the company across a broad range of functions including R&D, business development, corporate communications, investor relations, finance and legal
- You know how to navigate your way around a contract and have the creativity, adaptability, and win-win mindset required for artful negotiations and problem solving
- You take pride in building strong and productive relationships, and creating value through collaboration
- You are curious and interested by technology, with an in-depth understanding of the drug development process, specifically biologics
- You have strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary setting, to foster and nurture teamwork, and to facilitate productive discussions
- You are a skilled relationship manager that is able to influence without authority and establish credibility with various audiences
What we offer:
A generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our headquarters are nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse team of scientists, engineers, software developers, data scientists and business professionals - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. Last year, AbCellera was named to Fierce Biotech’s Fierce 15 list, and received three Fast Company awards, including the Most Innovative Team of the Year for 2020 and Best Workplace for Innovators.
We’re a growing company with a high-throughput tech stack and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture, and organize our efforts along the way.
AbCellera is a technology company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. AbCellera partners with drug developers of all sizes, from large pharmaceutical to small biotechnology companies, empowering them to move quickly, reduce costs, and tackle the toughest problems in drug development.